Pope Francis: The Lord’s Passion And Via Crucis NINTH STATION WE WONDER IF WE RISK BECOMING BEGUILED BY THE WORLD, WHICH CAN ONLY SEE YOUR PONTIFICATE AS "FOLLY AND SCANDAL"


NINTH STATION
Jesus falls the third time
The “journey” of Jesus

Adoramus…

From the Gospel according to John

“I came from the Father and have come into the world; again, I am leaving the world and am going to the Father”.[45]

JESUS’ THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS

My earthly journey is now at an end. When I was born, my Mother laid me in a manger.[46] I lived almost my whole life in Nazareth. I immersed myself in the history of the Chosen People.

On my journey as the One sent by the Father, I preached the breadth of his love, which overlooks no one; the length of his love, which is faithful in every generation; the height of his love, a hope which triumphs over death itself;[47] and the depth of his love, which sent me to call not the righteous, but sinners.[48]

Many heard and followed me, becoming my disciples; others did not understand. Some even fought me and ultimately condemned me. But at his moment I am called, more than ever, to reveal God’s love for all mankind.[49]

OUR RESONANCE

Jesus, in considering your love and the love of the Father, we wonder if we risk becoming beguiled by the world, which can only see your passion and death as “folly and scandal”, and not “the power and wisdom of God”.[50] Could it be that we Christians are lukewarm, while your love is a mystery of fire?

Do we realize that before God came among us, we did not even know who God was? When you, the only-begotten Son, came into our world, God who had formed us in his image, let us look up to him and promised us the Kingdom of heaven. How then will we not love the one who loved us first?.[51]

LET US PRAY

“Abba, Father”

Lord God, we dare to call you “our Father”. To think of ourselves as children is a marvellous gift for which we are eternally grateful. We know, Father, that we are but a speck of dust in the universe. You have granted us a great dignity, you have called us to freedom. Free us from all forms of slavery. Do not let us wander far from you. Father, protect each of us. Protect every man and woman on the face of the earth.

All: Pater noster… Stabat Mater

[45] Jn 16:28.
[46] Cf. Lk 2:7.
[47] Cf. Eph 3:18-19; Col 1:27; 1 Tim 1:1, Heb 6:18-20.
[48] Cf. Mk 2:17.
[49] Cf. Jn 13:1
[50] Cf. 1 Cor 1:23-24.
[51] Letter to Diognetus, VIII, I; X, 2-3.

Comments