Duterte: 'Sorry, God'

Duterte: 'Sorry, God' 

DAVAO CITY, Philippines — A few weeks after making his controversial God is “stupid” statement, President Duterte finally did what religious leaders and other quarters wanted him to do: issue an apology. “If it’s the same God, I’m sorry, that’s how it is. Sorry, God. I said sorry, God. If God is taken in a generic term by everybody listening then that’s well and good,” Duterte said in a video posted by the Presidential Communications Operations Office on its Facebook page yesterday. The video was recorded during Duterte’s meeting with Jesus Is Lord Church Worldwide founder and president Eduardo Villanueva, lawyer Angelino Villanueva, Special Assistant to the President Christopher Go and Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Salvador Panelo at Malacañang’s Malago Clubhouse last Tuesday night. “But I only apologize to God and nobody else. If I wronged God, he would be happy to listen. Why? Because my God is all-forgiving. Why? Because God created me to be good and not bad,” the President emphasized Source

Comments